Let’s take a look at one more dish from the Shokugeki no Soma series. Just remember again that if you want to cook these dishes, you don’t have to follow the exact ingredients when you don’t have access to them.
Beef, Onion, Butter, Honey, Mushrooms, Carrots, Cauliflower. Bouquet Garni, Salt, Pepper and Garlic.
- First you prepare the beef. You can choose to cut the beef into cubes or follow the series where they had a whole beef fillet. Now marinate the beef with salt and pepper and then proceed to saute it until it has a nice color to it and let it cool off.
- Now prepare the vegetables. You need to cut the onions, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower and other ingredients you may want to add like potatoes but they didn’t do that in the series.
- Now heat the butter and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the butter has melted its time to saute the vegetables on them.
- Once the vegetables are ready, take them off and prepare the glaze or the sauce of the dish.
- When preparing the sauce, put an ample amount of water into a pot. You can choose to marinate the water but most people just add some salt and pepper. Now remember the beef and vegetables, pour all of them into the pot.
- This includes the residue and the contents of their pans like the excess oil which will add flavor to the glaze and the sauce. Now don’t add too much of the excess oil as it can be bad or unhealthy.
- Now that all the ingredients are in the pot, just turn up the heat but make sure that it doesn’t burn the beef.
- The ideal time for the dish to be cooked would be around 20 to 30 minutes as long as the flame is in medium.
- You need to stir the dish from time to time while it is on the pot. The reason for this is so that the beef will be evenly cooked and it doesn’t burn.
- Once the beef is tender, you can taste the sauce and see if its not too salty or too bland so you can still adjust it before you serve.
- The dish is then done and make sure to top it off with the bouquet garni on top.
- The honey was used in the series to make the beef really tender in a fast pace.
The dish is like a beef stew with some variations. The procedure we wrote down is just a variation of the steps. There are different ways to prepare the dish but we are following the steps provided by the series although the details were not really that clear. One thing is that they did not use an oven like most steps would have. The dish was served in episode 3 when Soma and Megumi were partnered up. The original dish got sabotaged so they had to scramble to make a new. This is where the honey comes in as they needed to make the beef really tender in half an hour.